Commercial additions to UrBackup
Change block tracking for UrBackup Client on Windows 2.x
Change block tracking for UrBackup Client on Windows speeds up image and file backups performed by UrBackup by tracking which blocks change between backups. Without change block tracking all data has to be read and inspected in order to find and transfer the differences during an incremental image or file backup. This can take hours compared to the same taking minutes with change block information. This enables backup strategies with hourly (or less) incremental image backups and speeds up incremental file backups with large files (e.g. virtual disks).
You need a license for each client on which you want to use the change block tracking driver.
Important: Change block tracking does not work on Windows Vista x64 or Windows Server 2008 x64 (Vista Server).
Includes 2.x updates. Works with UrBackup Server 2.x.
UrBackup Client for Microsoft Hyper-V 2.x
A special UrBackup client for Microsoft Hyper-V 2016. It creates virtual clients for each Hyper-V VM, allows backups of VM disks as images using Hyper-V production snapshots using Hyper-V’s resilient change tracking (RCT) to track changes and can restore images to VHD/VHDX.
You need a license for each Hyper-V server on which you want to use the client.
Works only with UrBackup Server >=2.3.0
Trial version expires after half a year.
Easy to use UrBackup Cloud Server on Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Microsoft Azure
The Infscape AWS/Azure UrBackup Appliance is an enterprise software appliance suitable for Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure. It runs the Open Source UrBackup server software in an operating system and application environment which is optimally suited for maximum performance, efficiency and simplification of additional configuration and contains extra software to make it suitable for usage in a cloud environment. Backups are stored to S3 (or Azure Blob Storage), so at about 0.012USD - 0.023USD per GB/month after de-duplication and compression. Amazon/Microsoft gives you free resources upon sign-up and you can trial the appliance for free for one month, so you can try it without cost.
- Detailed quick-start instructions for AWS
- List of features
- Appliance on AWS Marketplace
- Appliance on Azure Marketplace
UrBackup (Virtual) Appliance
Infscape UrBackup Appliance is a Linux based appliance embedding UrBackup in a system environment that is optimally suitable, enhances functionality and makes it easy to use. Key features include:
- Direct (cloud gateway with local (write-back) cache) or S3 archival storage to Amazon S3, Backblaze B2, daDup (or Open Source sofware such as OpenStack Swift, Ceph or SeaweedFS )
- Constrained auto-layout, transactional, SSD-(write-back-)cached RAID with up to 32 parity disks and automatic (background) compression and encryption
- Backup replication to and from other appliances
- CBT driver for appliance clients is included
- Free edition (including for commercial use) for max 10 clients and max 20TB storage